Ask an Expert: How Can I Find a Dermatologist Who Specializes in Skin of Color?

This article is part of Health Divide: Skin Conditions and Darker Skin, a destination in our Health Divide series.

Heather Woolery-Lloyd, MD

Design by Julie Bang / Verywell

Verywell Health: How can I find a dermatologist that specializes in skin of color?

Dr Woolery-Lloyd: There are some great organizations that can help you find dermatologists who specialize in treating skin of color.

The first is the Skin of Color Society. On their website, there’s a button that says “Find a Doctor,” which will link you to their Doctor Database. There you can find a directory of dermatologists that have an interest or specialty in treating patients with skin of color.

You can also search the directory, as well as the American Academy of Dermatology directory, which lets you choose “Skin of Color” as a practice focus.